There's no such thing as a typical NCA officer. We come from different backgrounds and cultures, speak many languages and have diverse skills and experiences.
NCA officers work in a wide range of roles, from investigations to intelligence, crime analysis to commercial procurement. Some of our officers come from a law enforcement or intelligence background. Many do not. From the Civil Service to the private sector or straight from school – NCA officers come from all walks of life. Our diversity is one of our greatest strengths.
What we have in common is dedication and a commitment to protecting the public from serious and organised crime.
- Flexibility - seeking continuous improvements to the way that we work, adapting to find solutions to difficult problems
- Integrity - acting with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Respect - treating everyone with dignity and respect, valuing diversity, working in partnership, and sharing knowledge and best practice
- Serving the public - being proud to put the public interest at the centre of everything we do
- Transparency - being truthful, open and accountable for our actions
We may have a short history, but we have a long and proud heritage.
From the origins of policing in the early 1800s we respect and honour those who came before us and helped to make the NCA the agency we are today.