You will lead, motivate and direct a geographically spread, diverse commercial team and the wider agency to deliver organisational requirements, ensuring business outcomes are met in accordance with public sector procurement guidance.
You will have a strategic leadership role, influencing and improving the commercial capability and the management of a range of categories of spend.
You will need to have the confidence to manage relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders, within NCA and other senior leaders across wider government.
You will also be responsible for supporting senior leaders to support them becoming intelligent customers with effective contract management skills, and build effective relationships with suppliers.
As a Head of Commercial you will provide leadership and strategic direction to the NCA.
Estates Transformation will lead on managing the delivery of the Estates Strategy once the premises for the future have been confirmed; managing reconfigurations where the agency elects to remain in current premises; fit outs in newly acquired premises and exit from redundant premises.
Facilities Management – ensuring the NCA estate is safe, secure and compliant and is fit for the use of our officers to carry out the NCA mission of leading the fight against serious and organised crime. Our facilities management is delivered by a third party supplier and the process is underway to replace the current contract when it expires in June 2023. They key role going forward will be in managing and supporting the FM team to ensure continued performance by the incumbent whilst going through the process of tendering and mobilising a new contract.
Asset management in this context refers to the management of the relationships with landlords and local authorities, including leases, licences, memoranda of terms of occupancy, service charges and national non-domestic rates. Over the next 10 years it is anticipated that the NCA estates strategy will be delivered which will change the footprint of the national estate including premises acquisitions, disposals and entering into different arrangements to share premises with law enforcement partners,
Each of these three functions has a team associated with it, FM and Asset Management are led by Senior Managers with responsibility for a team; Transformation is delivered by a team largely compromising Senior Managers’ who will report to the Head of Estates; with a matrix function to the Programme Manager for the Estates Programme in the Change Team.
This role is central to the oversight and administration of all payroll and pension matters for the Agency. You will manage a team who are responsible for delivering all payroll activity as well as liaising with HR and finance function partners.
You will use your strong technical and influencing skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny to senior colleagues on all pay matters
You will support senior managers in the administration and provision of advice on payroll and pension matters as well as being the being the role responsible for managing external stakeholder relationships.
This is a fascinating, challenging role at the heart of the NCA’s commercial team with a direct impact on protecting the public from serious and organised crime.
You will be responsible for:
• Working closely with internal stakeholders to effectively manage sourcing/competitive tender exercises and inform future requirements.
• Managing the lifecycle of large contracts across all relevant categories, and the commercial management of key suppliers.
• Engaging and collaborating with other government departments, statutory bodies, private organisations, academia and industry and attend government committees/meetings to achieve commercial outcomes.
• Managing service delivery, business and supplier performance. Liaising with business owners and service delivery managers to proactively work with suppliers to improve performance, innovation to optimise strategic outcomes..
• Promote the value of the Commercial function across the wider NCA business by providing high quality commercial advice to departmental colleagues, customers and senior managers to improve commercial outcomes.
In some roles, you will have responsibility for managing a team and will maintain a key role in coaching and developing the wider team, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to deliver corporate outcomes.
Our role is to protect the public from the most serious criminal threats. As an NCA officer you can make a difference! We are the forefront of law enforcement in the UK and we look for a wide variety of skills and experience to protect the public. Whatever your role you will have a vital part to play.
We are currently looking to recruit a Deputy STRAP Security Officer in our Bristol or London site.
As part of a team of information professionals, you will be using your skills and expertise to:
• Provide secure administrative management and control of STRAP material
• Provide a dedicated point of reference within the STRAP environment for iCdesk and STRAP related matters.
• Support good information management compliance in the Agency