Investigations is the core crime fighting capability of the NCA. We take an intelligence-led approach and concentrate on tackling the criminals and risks to the public which are beyond the capability or capacity of other law enforcement bodies.
• To develop child protection strategies to be used by operational teams to support the safeguarding and welfare of children within operational activity.
• To work as part of police led investigation teams to give advice on potential risks to children at any stage of the investigative activity and to support the Senior Investigating Officer in the risk management of operational tactics.
• To provide hands on assistance in operational deployments, supporting, assessing or interviewing vulnerable children.
• Advising local professionals to assist in safeguarding children from sexual exploitation both online and offline, including providing written advice/ attending strategy meetings.
• Provide child protection input into a range of Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP), Investigation Command and wider NCA activity.
• To help identify and safeguard children who are at risk of harm or are experiencing abuse online.
• You will work closely with our investigators advising them on safeguarding matters.